About the building
The building in 20 Kneza Milosa Street was built in 1889 for state administration purposes, and was designed by architect Dusan Zivanovic. The original one-floor building was occupied by State Council and Head Control Administration. In 1920, in line with the original project, the second floor was added.
In 1924, the building was developed into an integrated quadrangular structure with internal courtyard, based on the project of Nicola Krasnov, a Russian emigrant. The third-floor extension was built in 1959.
After World War II, Federal Planning Office and Federal Statistical Office were situated in the building. In 2004, the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Serbia moved in.
The building is part of the “Old Belgrade” complex and enjoys the status of cultural heritage – a monument of culture.